Wednesday 6 April 2016

The Spinning Room

It's a long time since I wrote a post here, mainly because I have been busy planning projects and writing proposals. That doesn't always make for fascinating reading but today one if those projects started to feel much more real.

I am really lucky this year to be creating a new work called 'Lasting Impressions' in partnership with my friend Claire Wellesley-Smith for Saltaire Arts Trail. With the support of Saltaire Inspired and Arts Council England we have been commissioned to make a performative work for the duration of the event (28-30 May 2016). We are very fortunate to be using the wonderful Spinning Room at Salts Mill and today we had our first planning visit.

At 168 metres long it is a truly amazing space with an atmosphere all of it's own. It makes it all the more special that it isn't usually open to the public. This will be an exciting, if slightly daunting project. I will be sharing more here and on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook over the coming weeks.



3 comments:

  1. This article helps me to get bird eye view. This is the gist of all. Embroidery Digitizing Digitemb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being from Australia I don't know of this building, so I followed the link...what an amazing building! Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing space!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...